Chikori is a caffeine free coffee.
Chikori has been thought to have medicinal qualities for over 5,000 years. What follows is a listing of some of the reputed health benefits of Chikori. Whether historical or current, please be aware that we are neither endorsing nor reputing any of these claims. We just think they are pretty interesting.
- The fresh root has been said to be useful against pulmonary consumption. A decoction of 1 oz of root to a pint of boiling water has been found to be effective against jaundice and liver enlargement.
- Syrup of Chikori is said to be an excellent laxative for children since it works without irritation.
- Ancient herbalists considered the bruised leaves to make a good poultice for swelling and inflamed eyes.
- Modern herbalists say Chikori increases bile production, moderates a rapid heart rate, lowers cholesterol and destroy bacteria.
- May be useful in weight loss.
- Cardiac tonic, helps to detoxify liver.
- Improves appetite and digestion.
- Helps to reduce anxiety and stress.
- Fights against harmful bacteria.
Why Gomata Bliss Drinks:
- All natural ingredients.
- Authentic Ayurvedic formulas.
- Hand-made in Sri Vrindavan Dham.
- Profit dedicated to cow protection.
- Chemical free.
Effect on Doshas:
Vata and kapha balancing.
Dissolve in hot water.
Root and seed extract of kasani plant (chikori).
Store in a cool dry place.